Late Night Thoughts

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

What is confidence?



For me it equals following your heart and living as a person who you truly are. Basically it's being able to show your real image without caring about what others will say or think about you.

At the same time, you can't be confident if you're not comfortable with yourself. Yep, I'm talking about insecurities. What even are they? Why do we have them? Nose, thighs, arms, eyes, skin, voice, laugh, legs, waist... That can be a long endless list, right?

"I have to fit in".

Our insecurities are just things that makes us different. So why are we scared to be different? Maybe we haven't realized yet, but exactly we are the creators of many frames, which limit and upset us in every possible aspect.

Being confident is being yourself. Believe me, as soon as you stop trying to please everybody and actually listen to yourself this question will appear in your head. Is that a person I want to be, hiding my real self inside of a cage? Is that the best I can be?

Mostly likely, the answer is no. Stepping out of your comfort zone, facing your fears and learning to love yourself are one of the hardest challenges this world gives us. Sometimes alone, sometimes with the help of people who support us, we all are fighting our inner monsters. Yet at the end, who is going to win?

You Might Also Like

2 коментарі

  1. This was so poetic! I wish more people, especially my younger self, knew that it really is OK to be yourself! We get told it all the time, but usually end up following the crowd out of fear of being judged, but by doing so, how can we ever truly be ourselves? This was beautifully written Yana.

    Milly xxx
    www.abeautyfulblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much for such lovely comment. You never fail to make me smile.

      Delete