17 Things I've Learnt In 17 Years

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Yay, happy birthday to me! Yesterday I turned 17, which, to be honest, still sounds quite crazy for me. When I was smaller, around 8-10 years old, I used to believe people this age are actually adults. LOL. WHAT A LIE! According to the constitution, it's my last year of being a child, but I don't think something will radically change in my behaviour in 365 days. Anyway, there are some things I've learnt in 17 years of life, so it's the right time for one of those cliche posts.



#1 Travelling is the best teacher.

#2 Stay away from toxic relationships.

#3 Don't trust Disney films aka neither you will meet your prince in the woods nor will boy like Troy Bolton magically appear in your life. At least, it didn't work for me :D

#4 It doesn't matter what you do - it matters more who you do it with.

#5 Friendship is the greatest treasure in life.

#6 Going overboard with exposure in photos to make them look brighter is not cute.

#7 You will grow apart with some people. At first, you'll feel very shitty, but remember that everything happens for a reason.

#8 Moisturizing is the key.

#9 The most painful feeling is losing yourself whilst trying to be everything to someone who isn't worth it. Thus don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

#10 Baby steps in the right direction is better than anything.

#11 Surprisingly, sarcasm can bring people together.

#12 Always stand up for yourself and others, despite how difficult it might be.

#13 If you need a hero, become one.

#14 Intelligence is sexy.

#15 Lying under the stars in the night is simply the best feeling in the world.

#16 Saying 'no' is okay, but don't let it turn into your favourite word.

#17 I am not planning on making this post super long and rambly, so if you don't mind, I'm going to use quote instead.


That is it for today! Hope you're having a lovely weekend and I will catch up with you on Wednesday x

Thank you very much for visiting my blog 

You Might Also Like

2 коментарі

  1. Happy late birthday Yana! Sorry I missed it, I'm mostly offline at the moment because of revision, but I hope it was a wonderful day :) Milly xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you x
      I'm revising almost 24/7 too, so I completely understand what it's like haha x :)

      Delete