Friendship

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

With the number of beauty posts, that I've published recently, it's about time to mix it up with rather a chatty one, right? So, let's talk about friendship!


To start off, I need to say that I'm not that person who literally knows everyone even their dog in town. I mean, I am friendly with almost everyone, but that's pretty much it. In fact, my list of friends is quite short and I prefer it this way because it has always been quality over quantity for me. As much as I'm independent, outgoing and carefree, I put a lot of meaning in the word 'friendship'. Thus, if I'm your friend, I'm 100% your idiot friend, who is always there for you regardless of what's going on in the world.

What actually made me write this post is the amount of times I have seen on the Internet and heard in real life that friendship - apparently - doesn't nor have ever existed. Excuse me? Bear in mind that usually those are the words of people who switch their 'friends' every week, depending on who got more likes on Instagram on their latest picture. Cool thing. Very cool. But have you ever tried sticking to one group of people and actually working on creating some sort of decent relationship with them? Maybe I'm a ridiculous grandma, but I think that not only the romantic relationship but also friendship requires lots of effort and time too.

Not going to lie, it might take you ages to find real friends. There are going to be lots of misunderstandings, arguments and other difficulties on your way. However, it completely worth it because afterwards you'll feel as if you were ready to run the world with those people and nothing would be ever able to stop you.

I'm lucky enough to have the best best friends on this planet (pretty sure everyone reading this feels like that about their friends too haha). Some of them I've known for 11 years like, for example, my best friend Christina. We have been together through so many hilarious, sad and overwhelming moments. It's crazy! Following this further, both of us are quite stubborn and impulsive, so needless to say how many stupid fights we had and also are going to have in future. OH BOY THINGS GET SO INSANE SOMETIMES WE COULD EASILY THROW FIREBALLS AT EACH OTHER, couldn't we lol? Nonetheless, even after six months of our fallout back in the day, our paths have crossed again. As this quote says, you don't know how you are intertwined with someone until you try to walk away from them. I guess we kind of stuck together.

On a serious note though, having true friends is the greatest blessing. If you are yet to find them, keep looking. I believe they are somewhere not that far away! And if you already have them by your side, then please don't ever take your friends for granted and make sure they know how much they mean to you :)

You Might Also Like

0 коментарі