The One And Only | Beauty

Friday, August 07, 2015

It has been a while since I treated myself to some special makeup goodies. I decided to have non-spending July as there are too many products that were bought and then left in makeup bag. Also in summer my laziness is so on point that sometimes I can't be bothered spending extra time getting ready. Mascara, lipstick and massive sunglasses which cover almost my entire face are my bffs right now.


 

But during my holidays I got such huge urge to stuff my face with makeup as well as go to the shop and purchase everything. I did my best to control myself yet it is quite hard to resist when you can see the most magical word in the world as known as SALE all over the counters. Oh well... Inwardly, I knew what exactly I wanted. So, at the minute we had parked car outside the shopping centre, I ran to MAC. You know, I had to satisfy my lipstick obsessed girl's needs. 

To be honest with you, my aim wasn't to buy one particular lipstick as if I had it written in my phone notes, no. Plan was to swatch everything that caught my eye and then pick up that one and only, however, without reading names of lipsticks. No cheating haha. 

After about fifteen minutes, I had three nude shades to choose. Straightaway my mum told me she likes the middle one and it was my favourite too. Boom, hello Velvet Teddy. The other two were Taupe and Kinda Sexy. First one was slightly too brown, whilst the second one was too pink for me. And oh my God, let me start off by saying that Velvet Teddy is perfection. It is literally everything I wanted and even more. 



As you may already know it is a matte nude lipstick with warm brown undertone and a bit of pink as well. I read maybe too many MAC lipstick reviews, so from other bloggers have already known MAC mattes can be quite drying, but then some people don't see such problem. I am super happy that I belong to the last group. Before applying any lipstick I always scrub, put on a lip balm, wait for it to absorb, then go with a lippie and I guess it helps me a lot. 

Back to the topic. I think you can do very minimal makeup, for example, only foundation, eyebrows, mascara, bronzer, add Velvet Teddy and you instantly look fabulous as you have spent ridiculous amount of time achieving this look when realistically you didn't. It gives sort of a special finish after which you feel like you are on top of the world. I can see myself wearing this gorgeous every single day, but I am too scared to run out of it in like three weeks or so. I noticed how many Velvet Teddy dupes there are currently presented on market, nonetheless, that is not the same. If you are really into nudes and haven't yet got your hands on it, I would highly recommend you this lipstick. In a nutshell, it is a bomb. 

Talking about Kylie-Jenner-craziness, I understand why people have made a big deal out of it. In my opinion, that happened not only because of her. Velvet Teddy is a beautiful lipstick itself which would reach bestsellers at some point, but Kylie definitely played important role in raising its selling as well as couple of another MAC products. 



To finish, I am going to say I am pleased with my first MAC lipstick and I can't wait to grow my collection! If only MAC product grew on trees or randomly fell from the sky... Maybe in parallel universe?

You Might Also Like

12 коментарі

  1. Haha, spending bans ARE hard! Hence why I don't do it. I find that way, there are some months where I hardly purchase anything.

    Oooh, you got Velvet Teddy! It's always sold out in Manchester. Imagine if there was make up hanging from Trees in the parallel universe, omgggggg!

    www.fashionicide.com
    www.twitter.com/fashionicide

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes my bank account NEEDS non-spending month or so haha. I was lucky enough to get my hands on it on my holiday in Spain :) x

      Delete
  2. I wouldn't mind getting velvet teddy. It is very brown toned I think which is what I am loving on my lips at the minute. :)

    Ellen
    My Blog
    Fashion Giveaway click here !
    Beauty Giveaway click here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love brown toned lipsticks. They always look good on me x

      Delete
  3. I've heard so many people go on about Velvet Teddy and i have been meaning to get myself one! It's such a gorgeous nude colour!

    Courtney | http://courtzmelv.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's stunning! Literally the most beautiful lipstick ever :D

      Delete
  4. I don't own velvet teddy but it just seems to be one of those shades that look good on everyone! perfect first MAC lipstick choice!

    lillies and lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Velvet Teddy is quite neutral, nothing too crazy, so I agree that it's perfect first MAC lipstick purchase!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful pick for your first lippie - I need to pick it up myself. Actually, I started my Mac collection with bolder shades first :)

    passingfancyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to get my hands on any bold MAC lipstick! Looking for something dark for autumn :)

      Delete
  6. My first MAC lipstick was Velvet Teddy and I love it so much! As you say, it certainly leaves the whole Kylie Jenner lip look!

    www.makinglifeacamera.blogspot.co.uk
    xox

    ReplyDelete