Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid Lipsticks

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Since seeing snaps of the new Vivid Matte liquid lipsticks all over on the official Maybelline Instagram I have been literally dying to get my hands on these goodies. After weeks and weeks of waiting, they had been finally launched in my local drugstore shops! It took me two minutes of fangirling and hours of swatching - my hands looked something between funny and horrendous - until satisfied smile appeared on my face and I made my way to checkout. 




I decided to pick up two shades out of ten available: Nude Flush and Possessed Plum. To be honest, these ones stood out the most for me! Nude Flush is a lovely pink-ish nude, which looks nothing but stunning on lips. Safe to say, it is the first pink lipstick I actually enjoy wearing. Yay! The other one, Possessed Plum, is a rich dark maroon - I can tell I'll be rocking this shade throughout autumn as well as winter.


I think the best about Maybelline Vivid Matte liquid lippies is their incredible pigmentation. The most intense colours in my growing lipstick collection. However, has to be mentioned the fact that, for example, Possessed Plum on lips differs from what you see in the tube. I would say it is more warm toned and less of a plum shade.


Although Maybelline claims these to be matte, I can only half-agree with such statement. The texture of Vivid Matte lipsticks is quite creamy that takes up to a few minutes to dry down. However, even after that, it neither feels nor looks like a matte liquid lipstick. Rather a velvet one. Personally, I don't find this to be irritating or disappointing: - I still love these beautiful lipsticks. Still, maybe adding 'matte' to the name wasn't exactly the best idea.

I reckon that whilst having another makeup shopping trip I will buy a few more shades. Nude Thrill and Orange Shot are probably the next ones on my list! Did I unintentionally make the previous sentence sound overdramatic like a line from a horror film? Oops :D


What are your thought on Maybelline Vivid Matte liquid lipstick? Are you planning on buying them or have you already got a few in your collection? Let me know X

Thank you very much for visiting my blog 

You Might Also Like

2 коментарі

  1. I do not have these in my collection but I really like the colours you picked.
    I haven't really been keeping up with beauty too much and this is the first review I've read of them. I will definitely have a look next time I am in the drug store.

    Ellen,
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen many blog reviews on these lippies either, to be honest. But I do recommend trying them out! X

      Delete